The Democrats for Social Credit Party stands for a GE FREE New Zealand.
• GE research approached with caution, and kept within laboratories.
• Plant breeding programmes to maintain a pool of pure strain seeds.
• Border control inspections, to minimise the likelihood of contamination by GE seeds, plants and organisms.
• Enhancing of food labelling.
• No gene transfer across species to extend the shelf life of foods.
• The repair of environmental damage and disaster, with nil interest loans from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
• Human well being and sound ecology, not the profit motive, as the basis of decisions.
Published: March 2014