A reformed monetary system will make full provision for the protection, conservation, and enhancement of environmental resources, including land, water and air.
The Democrats for Social Credit Party is committed to:
• Human well being and sound ecology, not the profit motive, governing decisions.
• The effects of such decisions being monitored.
• Regional development programmes for flood control, soil conservation, energy conservation and water quality, with nil interest loans from the Reserve Bank.
• Waste minimisation and recycling.
• Amending the Resource Management Act, to reflect these goals, and to reduce hearing costs and delays.
• Reversing the drift to urban centres by production initiatives enhancing local employment opportunities.
• The New Zealand marine environment being patrolled and protected, and seeking an international agreement preventing the dumping of nuclear and other toxic wastes.
• The prosecution of illegal gill-net trawlers within the Economic Zone.
• The establishment of a NZ Environmental Research Institute, which will report on solutions to common global environmental problems, including biological and genetic control.
• Stopping the use of aerial 1080 poison drops in favour of less environmentally destructive pest management tools.
- • Replacing the Emissions Trading Scheme with measures to reduce pollution and introducing financial assistance to help industry meet the new emissions standards.
Published: August 2017