To view our policy summaries please click on the relevant policy heading on the left.
The Democratic Party for Social Credit is committed to:
• Establishing a Local Authority Loans Board to fund capital works and infrastructure projects approved by local communities, with grants, nil-interest and low interest loans from the Reserve Bank.
• Promoting an International Clearing Union with export credit accounts for trading among member nations.
• Abolishing GST in favour of a simpler and fairer Financial Transactions Tax (FTT), set at a low level (0.01%) and collected at point of withdrawal.
• A Basic Income, payable to every New Zealand citizen, to progressively replace the welfare system.
• That the Reserve Bank is the sole provider of new money, made available to trading banks at a service charge only.
• That the Reserve Bank is answerable to Government.
• That the Reserve Bank is responsible for seeing that the overseas debt is repaid and overseas transactions are in balance.
Chris Leitch, Finance Spokesman
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob 021 716 895