The Democrats for Social Credit Party will deliver:
• Dignity, comfort, security, and quality of life for all seniors.
• The introduction of a Basic Income to replace and improve on the present superannuation entitlements.
• A fully funded, comprehensive health care system readily available to all.
• Access to affordable amenities and utilities for seniors.
• Providing low interest loans for suitable buildings and facilities for leisure activity.
• Safe, affordable, reliable public transport.
• Superannuation at 60 until the Basic Income is introduced. After that the current superannuation scheme will be unnecessary.
* Adequate, safe and comfortable housing for seniors.
• A publicly funded system of aged care.
• Full consultation with seniors on the form and implementation of that care.
• An extension of Community Policing to ensure all seniors feel safe where they live.
• Recognition of the value of contributions made by seniors, both during their working lives and through volunteer efforts after retirement.
Published: March 2017