The Democrats for Social Credit Party is committed to:
• Ensuring basic services, amenities and employment are available in every region, thereby aiding the reverse of population drift to urban centres.
• Upgrading roads and bridges, which will remain in public ownership.
• A re-established Local Authorities Loans Board to decide, with community consultation, the priority of capital works in the region.
• Voter-approved local body initiatives, funded by Reserve Bank grants, nil interest and low interest loans through the Community Credit Programme.
• Regional flood control, soil conservation, energy conservation and water quality projects, funded by the Community Credit Programme.
• Processing primary produce close to the source, enhancing job opportunities and helping reverse the drift to cities.
• The use of modern information technologies, enabling businesses to decentralise.
• Making services available to regions at no financial disadvantage, including the reinstatement of an appropriate South Island electricity price differential.
• Full consultation with communities on regional development projects that affect them.
Stephnie de Ruyter, Leader, Regional Development Spokesman
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mob 027 442 4434
Published: March 2014